Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Terrific Truffle

Would you believe Truffle isn't in trouble today?  She actually did something pretty terrific for Mom Paula a couple of days ago that warmed Mom Paula's heart and she wanted to share it with everyone today.  We're going to turn this over to Mom Paula now.

Mom Paula:  Today is Angel Sweet Praline's Gotcha Day.  To be honest with you, I hadn't remembered until the Florida Furkids' mom, Sharon, sent me a message telling me she was thinking about me on Sweet Praline's Gotcha Day.  I've been so busy with work that I haven't had time to even look at the CB page much and I missed the calendar.  I truly believe Truffle and Sweet Praline have been chatting.  Here's what happened the other night.

I'd been out of town (yet again) and was trying to catch up on some things on the computer when I got home.  Usually Truffle and Brulee are in the office with me, but not that night.  Typically, I can call their names and they come trotting into the office.  I called several times this night and neither showed up.  I got up from the computer and walked in the hallway and Brulee was just laying there and looked at me as if to say, "where have you been?"  Truffle was nowhere to be found.  I called her a few more times and was starting to get worried.  As I was getting ready to go search for her, I called her name one more time.  I heard the "bird ball" toy move around so I then knew she was in the living room.  I called her name again and all of a sudden, she came running towards me at full speed with the cutest little meow!  I literally laughed out loud and it warmed my heart to see her running to me.  It's hard to describe what this little action meant, but I think most of the cat moms and dads out there will understand.  I think she knew I needed some reassurance that I had two furchildren in my life to comfort me and to heal the ache I've buried deep in my heart after losing Sweet Praline.  Mom Terri told me that Truffle was very intuitive and could sense when she needed emotional support and that she was a special ladycat.  Terri - you were so right!  As I was typing this blog, Truffle quietly came into the office and jumped on the desk and gave me that understanding look with her eyes.  She wasn't chasing the movement of the cursor on the computer or playing with pens on my desk - she just stared right at me and started purring.  Brulee is my little clown, but Truffle is my therapist.

We've posted Sweet Praline's first Christmas Card on the CB in memory of her Gotcha Day today on her blog.  This was always one of Mom Paula's favorite pictures of Sweet Praline because it showed her "diva" personality.

26 comments:

  1. Truffle is very wise beyond her year(s). How fortunate you are two have two such different kitties, each fulfilling a different need in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truffle is purrfect!

    I don't think in 40+ years of having pets that I have ever had a dog or cat who wasn't intuitive, and not just to me. I've seen this even more in the last 6 years since my parents moved in with me. And my parents are not "cat people"... not that the cats care about that. Of course, they won my parents over and the cats always seem to know when they are sick, feeling sad or worried about something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kitties are so amazing :) They give us so much too.
    Your two are lovely and we can see the joy they give you :)
    Purrs Tillie and Georgia,
    Tiger,Treasure,JJ and Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. We wished we had known Sweet Praline too! We bet she was every bit as special as Truffle and Brulee.
    Harry, Dexter and Tipp

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truffle is very smart (and very cute)!

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just love that last picture on your blog today of Truffle - she is smiling at you Paula.
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely, Paula. Annie was like that for me, always knowing my moods and coming to comfort me. Keeping you in my thoughts today...the boys are sending purrs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're so glad you have these two little bundles of joy in your life.
    --Jasper

    ReplyDelete
  9. We think that Truffle and Brulee are lucky to have you. I am sure they are thrilled as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You´re the most purrrfect kitties of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh good girl Truffle. Our Mom knows all about understanding kitties. Our Mew Mew is our therapy cat here for the person. That is such a great picture of you. We are going over right now and see Sweet Praline. We sure do miss her. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are a furry furry sweet girl Truffle

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are indeed a sweetie Truffle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. SO fluffy! and cute!
    I recently posted some cutie white baby kittens you might like http://liberatedbylkc.blogspot.co.nz/2012/12/catface.html
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pawsome story!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  16. We love you Truffle for taking such good care of your
    Mama-our Mom gets all sniffly like she has a cold or something whenever we give her attention-MOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. We love that you have such loving bond with Truffle and Brulee. Surely Angel Praline is watching this all and purring with happiness. Hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yeah, we knows when you beans need us to come purr on you. Telepathic we are.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely post. Purrs and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aw, Truffle, what a sweet girl you are!

    ReplyDelete
  21. TBT: I understand. The little things the cats do sometimes show they know when we need some care on those special days we are feeling down...

    On "Skeeter Day", Iza played special hard with tossed mousies, Ayla stayed close to me in bed, and Marley came upon my lap early.

    ReplyDelete
  22. always, at least one will be your empath, and Truffle has taken that role to heart, paw pats, Savannah

    ReplyDelete

It's so sweet of you to leave us a comment!