Monday, September 4, 2017

Truffle's Gotcha Day

Six years ago, today, Truffle came to live with Mom Paula!
Truffle then and now


Mom Paula: I shared the story of Truffle's Gotcha Day last year in a detailed post. Truffle was scheduled to come live with me two weeks earlier, but with Beignet's death, I asked Mom Terri to keep Truffle an additional week after her second set of vaccinations to make sure she was okay. 


Truffle exploring the first day she came to live with Mom Paula - 2011

I remember being so nervous that day. Would Truffle be okay? Would she like me? Would I be a good cat mom? After all, it had been almost 16 years since I'd had a kitten. I took some time off of work so Truffle and I could get to know each other. She hid the first few days, but it wasn't long before she was sleeping on the pillow next to me and staying underfoot everywhere I went in the house (I almost tripped several times). Once Truffle overcame her shyness, she was into everything. She is curious about everything. The two of us lived alone together for two months before Brulee came to live with us. Truffle and I had a connection from the first time I met her at 7 weeks of age and she chose me. I'm so glad she did!

Happy Gotcha Day sweet Truffle!

27 comments:

  1. Happy gotcha day, Truffle! Isn't it awesome going home with the right human? I bet you still remember!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Gotcha Day dear Truffle! Nothing better than a wonderful forever home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Gotcha Day Miss sweet Truffle!
    I always remember you always make mom Paula happy since day one, and many more to come !
    Have a purrfect celebration =^x^=

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Gotcha Day, Truffles and Mom Paula! We are so glad you chose each other.
    xxoo
    Maggie, Mickey Mouser and Rufus the Red

    ReplyDelete
  5. 6 such sweet years... It hardly seems yesserday we first met you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Gotcha Day, Truffle! We hope you get extra treats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Gotcha Day beautiful Truffle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy, Happy Gotcha Day, sweet Truffle! We hope your day is filled with love, purrs, and treats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Gotcha Day, Truffle!

    Purrs xx
    Athena and Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Gotcher Day Truffles and may you have a whole heap more with treats and cuddles and FUN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy gotcha day sweetie! We are so happy you chose mom Paula to live so we get to know you too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Gotcha Day, sweet Truffle and Mom Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Belated Happy Gotcha Day Truffle!!!!! We remember when you came to live with Mom Paula and what a tiny little thing you were.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Gotcha Day, Miss Truffle. We love your kitten pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Truffle was such a cutie! And now so gorgeous. Happy Gotcha Day, Truffle!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry I missed this! We had bad storms later yesterday (your blog hits my in box after 4pm) and when I signed off, I stayed off. Happy Belated Gotcha Day!!! catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm late, but I hope it was a happy happy gotcha day! We're so glad you got gotted Truffle!

    ReplyDelete

It's so sweet of you to leave us a comment!