Monday, June 5, 2017

The Cat Lounge

Mom Paula wearing a cat mask in front of the Cat Lounge sign
Mom Paula entering the Cat Lounge at BlogPaws 2017


We wanted to take a moment today to let you know about The Cat Lounge that was at BlogPaws 2017 in Myrtle Beach. 


Kate Benjamin from Hauspanther is the mastermind and cat lady behind the Cat Lounge.  Kate outdid herself this year with all of the products in the cat lounge.  Included in the lounge were scratchers, cat furniture, toys, cat carriers, t-shirts, jewelry, and other unique items.
Photos courtesy Carl Kerridge Photography, BlogPaws, and Sweet Purrfections

from top left to bottom right going clockwise:  Sue Grybel Doute from The Island Cats; a table of cat toys and furniture; Dawn White from Lola, The Rescued Cat at the CWA table; various cat carriers; Kate Benjamin from Hauspanther; Cat bloggers at the Coloring Station; Entrance into the Cat Lounge with the wall of t-shirts, purses, and other unique cat items.

Stations at the Cat Lounge

Photos courtesy Carl Kerridge Photography, BlogPaws, and Sweet Purrfections

The DIY Cat Ears! Station.  From top left to bottom right (clockwise):  Mom Paula happily making her Brulee ears; cat and dog bloggers communicating and making various cat ears headgear (Maggie Marton from BlogPaws, Joanne McGonagle from Triple-T Studios, Jodi Chick from Kol's Notes; Happy Cat Ladies making their cat ears (Joanne McGonagle from Triple-T Studios, Maggie Marton from BlogPaws, Kate Benjamin from Hauspanther, Paula Gregg from Sweet Purrfections); and Mom Paula with her Brulee Ears and Flat Brulee.

My favorite station at The Cat Lounge was the DIY Cat Ears! Table.  I had no idea what I was going to do, but I wanted to make some silver/white cat ears to represent Truffle and Brulee.  Before I knew it, I was joined by fellow bloggers, both cat and dog, and we had a wonderful time chatting and creating our headgear.  I loved my finished product:  Brulee Cat Ears!  

Other stations included Cat Astrology with Ellen Zucker, the Cat Writer's Association (CWA) table, the Cat Coloring Station, and the DIY Cat Crafts.

Cat Lounge Prizes

Anyone who visited The Cat Lounge could fill out a form and they were eligible for one of the cat items.  There were so many items this year that everyone who filled out a form and came back to the Cat Lounge on Saturday was able to receive a prize.  We were lucky to receive a few items that were left over.

Truffle and Brulee and Cat Lounge Prizes
Truffle and Brulee with their prizes from the Cat Lounge.

We want to take a moment to thank Kate Benjamin from Hauspanther for all the work she did to put together the Cat Lounge.  We look forward to visiting The Cat Lounge again at BlogPaws 2017.

21 comments:

  1. Kate, as always, did an amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful ! Making cat ears looks like a lot of fun, Claire would love to do it ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, we see the mom! She said the Cat Lounge was pawtastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our mom says the Cat Lounge was pawtastic this year! She usually gets prizes for us, but this year they were all for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like the best place ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So amazing. I don't think I'd ever want to leave the Cat Lounge! They'd have to drag me out bodily LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear the Cat Lounge was totally amazing, at least the Flat and the Dad said it was!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that all looks so amazing! I hope next year's Cat Lounge is just as awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the Brulee ears :) I hope I didn't miss your e-mail about the Kruuse beds ... after a couple instances of not getting e-mails, I get worried.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! The cat lounge looks like a great place to have fun and see some new and exciting products for cats. I bet either of my cats would love any of these products - I know I would love the cat ears!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was very impressed with the cat lounge, and a little jealous of all of the cool kitty things there. But had there been a dog equivalent I'd have spent a ton of money.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Visiting the cat lounge was fun! I wish they had a dog one. Mr. N won a prize that luckily small dogs can use too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that is some serious launge business! If I was a cat parent', I'd want to hang out in there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. DIY cat ears! I love it. No wonder everyone was sporting some awesome, fuzzy ears.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cat lounge was pretty awesome! I loved the wool cat beds the most, but there was a lot of great stuff. Unfortunately, I didn't see where to sign up and didn't claim a prize. My cat would have loved almost everything there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I remember seeing those cute cat ears on social. I hope to attend BP next year and check out this Cat Lounge! Looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Cat Lounge looks so cool! Kate Benjamin is the best.

    ReplyDelete

It's so sweet of you to leave us a comment!