Thursday, June 8, 2017

National Best Friends Day

Brulee and Truffle may not look like best friends by their expressions, but they have each other when I'm not around.

Today is National Best Friends Day.  The two of us are half-sisters and we keep each other company and play together. We do know that humans need other human friends to meet several emotional needs, so we're going to turn the blog over to Mom Paula today to let her share some of her cat blogging friends she saw at BlogPaws 2017 this year.



Mom Paula:  I LOVE BlogPaws!  I joined them a few years ago when I read about the organization on one of our private FB cat groups. I've learned so much from the staff and membership of BlogPaws and continue to grow and change the blog to better meet today's standards.  I've already shared my experience in the Cat Lounge and many of you have seen photos I've shared on FB and Twitter.  In honor of Best Friends Day, I wanted to share the connection I have with some of the humans behind the cat blogs.  I love meeting new people and going to the BlogPaws Conference is a wonderful opportunity to actually sit down and get to know someone you've communicated with online for years. The photos below are in no way a full representative of all of the cat bloggers I met and talked to, but they are the photos I managed to capture.  I hope you enjoy meeting everyone through my photos.


Photo courtesy Dawn While from Lola the Rescued Cat

The first photo was actually one of the last photos we took at BlogPaws.  Several of us stayed over Sunday and met for breakfast.  This was the first time I'd met Catherine and Mark since they are from the U.K. and I wasn't as familiar with their blogs.  We had a nice breakfast where I introduced them to the proper way to eat grits!  Dawn (from NYC) liked the grits so much, she went back for seconds. From left to right: Cathrine Garnell from Basil the Bionic Cat's Blog; Cathrine's mother; Emily Hall from The Kitty Cat Chronicles; Janet Blue from The Cat on My Head; Dawn White from Lola the Rescued Cat; Mark Watson from Erin the Cat Princess; and me.


Photo courtesy Carl Kerridge Photography

There were several special events we were able to attend with the brands.  Dawn White, Sue Grybel Doute from The Island Cats, and I attended the luncheon with Hill's Pet Nutrition where we learned about the Hill's Food, Shelter & Love program that supports National Disaster Awareness Preparation and their relief efforts after natural disasters, as well as their commitment to increased Senior Pet Adoptions. I met Dawn and Sue at my very first BlogPaws conference in Nashville, TN and we've become fast friends.

Photo courtesy Carl Kerridge Photography

Another one of my favorite cat people is Jeanne Kudich from Random Felines.  Jeanne is heavily involved in cat rescue and fostering and always has a couple of kittens with her at the conference.  Many of us would spend our free time in Jeanne's room to get our kitten fix.


Paula Gregg, Julie McAlee, and Jeanne Kudich

I originally met Julie McAlee from Sometimes Cats Herd You and Jeanne Kudich at Barkworld in 2014.  We reconnected at BlogPaws, Barkworld, and Global Pet Expo.  I truly admire the photographs Julie takes and she helped me purchase my new Nikon camera last year.  We like to get away from the conference location to catch up and eat somewhere locally. All of us arrived early to BlogPaws and went out for breakfast and to a cupcake store Wednesday morning.  I enjoy my time spent with these ladies.

Mark Watson and me

This was the first time Mark Watson from Erin the Cat Princess attended a BlogPaws conference.  In fact, it was the first time he'd ever flown on a plane.  I didn't know Mark before BlogPaws, but he was the nicest and most outgoing person.  I hope he can join us for future conferences.


Pattie Kleinke

I know everyone knows who Cathy Keisha is, but I bet you don't know Pattie Kleinke (aka TW) from Stunning Keisha. I've always enjoyed Pattie's sense of humor on the blog with CK, but hadn't met her in person until BlogPaws 2015. Pattie has done a lot of behind the scenes work with editing the Cat Calendars the past four years.  She's always given me invaluable advice with sponsored posts.  It was nice to connect with Pattie again.


Terry Frum, Armani, and Me

One of my favorite cat bloggers is Terry Frum from Brian's Home.  Terry was one of my first cat blogging friends through the Cat Blogosphere and he does so much for the cat community.  What's interesting is that I've know him through blogging for 9 years and had never met him in person even though he lives less than 2 hours away from me.  As you can tell in the photo above, Terry loves cats!  He had a great sense of humor and gave me some good advice about some technical issues with the blog.  I look forward to working with Terry more in the future.


Yasaar Nakchbendi and me

One of the brand new cat bloggers I met was Yasaar Nakchbendi of Chirpy Cats.  Yasaar and I clicked the first time we met.  She was a Nose-to-Nose finalist in two categories.  Yasaar lives in Montreal, Quebec.  As you can see our flat cats enjoyed attending some educational sessions together.
Random photos of other cat bloggers.  Special note:  The two ladies in the upper left photo are Sydney and Natalie from Chewy.com.  It was great to connect a face to a name.  

There were many more cat bloggers at BlogPaws this year. You can see Robin Mudge from Playful Kitty in the top right photo in the collage.  Robin was a BlogPaws Ambassador this year.  Teri Thorsteinson from Curlz and Swirlz with her cats dressed in their finest!  I was thrilled to get a chance to sit down and make cat ears with Kate Benjamin from Hauspanther.  You may have seen Kate on My Cat from Hell with Jackson Galaxy when they "catify" a house to better meet the needs of a cat.

Photo courtesy Carl Kerridge Photography

BlogPaws Ambassadors (left to right): Chloe DiVita (BlogPaws), Paula Gregg, Robin Mudge, Cathy Armato, Elizabeth Tucker Keene, Maggie Marton (BlogPaws), Jodi Chick, and Jennifer Costello

Last, but not least, I had to share the photo of the BlogPaws 2017 Ambassadors.  We are a mixture of cat and dog bloggers and they were wonderful to work with.  It was an honor to represent BlogPaws as an Ambassador this year.

I hope you enjoyed meeting some of the humans behind the cat blogs.

31 comments:

  1. LOVE you and all our cat people & dog friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure did enjoy seeing those photos and it sure was a fun time. FINALLY, we got to meet, such a thrill to make that connection. Hey, I do miss that Armani though! Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.M.C. You didn't! Please tell me you didn't OUT TW. Now her political enemies know where to find her. You may have broken the interwebs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW, she enjoyed seeing you again this year.

      Delete
    2. They'll only find her if they visit our blog. MOL. Mom Paula loved seeing TW again

      Delete
  4. Awww, this really made my human miss all her BlogPaws pals! The conference itself is great, but she especially loves going because it gives her the chance to visit with all her pals from all the U.S., and world! That is the main reason she is bummed that she missed this year's conference.

    P.S. She LOVES grits, which she eats with a pat of butter on top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom Paula is hoping to see your human in KC next year. Grits taste great with salt, pepper, butter, and a little cheese! MOL

      Delete
  5. Great post! We always love seeing the humans behind the blogs. Dawn White is the spitting image of one of mom's nieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing all these photos from BlogPaws. I'm so sorry that we didn't get a chance to meet in person and chat. I love how cat-centric the conference was this year. Even though I don't have one currently, I know that the pet world can really focus on dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are such wonderful photos and I'm glad you shared them! I was sorry I couldn't make it this year, but I loved meeting you at the 2016 conference. I hope to meet again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic post!! I had such a great time with you and Sue this year, whom I spent the most time with. It was so great to see everyone else again and meet so many for the first time. BlogPaws has made such a difference in my life, too, and I'm so grateful for the friendships I have formed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn, I had a great time with you and Paula too. Can't wait for Kansas City! ~Island Cat Mom

      Delete
  9. What a terrific post! We see the mom! She said she had such a great time at BlogPaws...and it was because she got to spend time with you and many other cat bloggers that she calls "friends."

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're meeting up with Sue and Robin in a few weeks! I've met Robin before but not Sue, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great post....we hope to go to Blogpaws someday!

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  12. Paul, I loved this post and seeing all these photos, especially ones I hadn't seen previously. I must do better at getting Tom to take my photo with my friends next year in K.C. We really are a great group. I particularly love the photo of you and Terry and kitten at the banquet. Love and hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so excited to go next year! I love the cut outs of the kitties! I will need to find out how to get one done of my Lyla since I will not be bringing here. I am so glad you met so many wonderful people and had such a great time!
    See you there next year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awe, what a sweet post. I never did get to try grits so I'm definitely going to have to head back down there and try them at some point. I missed Terry and TW (AKA Pattie). I didn't know either was there and I'm really sad because we have been blog friends for awhile and would have loved to meet them in person!

    ReplyDelete
  15. JD and Cookie were very close friends. Though Cookie is quite focused on her hunting adventures most of the time. JD and Jasmine were friends in a way but it was more of a queen and a faithful follower type of friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My best friends also are dog people (and a few cat people). Animals are such a part of my life that I'd have a hard time making conversation with someone who didn't at least like them. And I'm so happy to see that the BlogPaws community has become so important to you. I met some wonderful people there but I have to admit I was a little shy, so hopefully I'll be more outgoing next year and make some long-lasting connections!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You made our week with this post! I hope you told Cathrine and Mark about it going up, I know they will love seeing it!

    Everyone made my British friends so welcome, Thank You BlogPaws.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great post for Best Friends Day. I too count my cat blogging buddies as some of my best friends - you included, of course! I always enjoy time spent getting to know you better and just wish that BlogPaws happened more than once a year so I could see all my best friends more often!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great post, it's so nice that you've called out several other cat bloggers. I didn't get to meet everyone so it's nice to see these photos. Thanks for posting a photo of the Ambassador team! I really enjoyed being Ambassadors together Paula!
    Love & Biscuits,
    Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them

    ReplyDelete
  20. So much fun! I would have loved to spend more time with the cat people at BlogPaws.....but...Dexter would have been a bit silly. He thinks cats outside our home are very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is great that you have met so many wonderful cat bloggers. It must be so fun to reconnect at the conference. This was my first time attending BlogPaws and it was wonderful to meet so many pet bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great post and it is always nice to meet the people behind the blogs as it is gives you a real insight as to whom they are. It is also always wonderful to meet people from other countries as you can learn from them tooo

    ReplyDelete
  23. It was so much fun getting to see you at BlogPaws again this year! BlogPaws feels like a huge party full of best friends every time. I consider you and some of the other BlogPaws bloggers to be some of my closest friends even though we don't see each other in person very often. We all interact more than most "in person" friends do! :)
    -Purrs from your friends at www.PlayfulKitty.net

    ReplyDelete
  24. If you would have made it to dinner Sunday night I'd be in the pictures! You are much more social than I am, I stuck with the people I knew and talked to ones I didn't when I could, but overall I didn't make an effort it's not something I'm good at, like you. It must be the south.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Woo hoo for making friends and finally being able to meet them. I loved connecting with all the bloggers at BlogPaws. It was great seeing you. Yay for grits...gotta love 'em :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. What an amazing group of people that you highlighted in this post! They are so kind and incredibly talented and it has been so great getting to know many of them through this community, including you! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This post made me smile! It was so much fun having a chance to chat with you again at BlogPaws and seeing all of these amazing and talented bloggers highlighted in your post made me even more grateful to be connected to so many incredible animal lovers! Hugs to you and the girls!

    ReplyDelete

It's so sweet of you to leave us a comment!