Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Remembering Sweet Praline

We can't believe it's been six years since Sweet Praline left for the bridge.  For those of you who are new to our blog, Sweet Praline was the kitty who started Mom Paula in blogging almost 9 years ago. She was known as the Diva of the Cat Blogosphere because of her little Persian cattitude!  She was almost 16 years old when she left for the bridge due to cancer.  We know she is still with us in spirit and communicates with us on a regular basis to guide us on taking care of Mom Paula.
Sweet Praline - April 2011


Mom Paula:  I shared my memories and emotions of losing Praline last year on the 5th anniversary of losing her.  It was a very tough post to write at the time, but I was able to put more words on the screen that helped with the healing process.  The pain isn't as strong now as it used to be, but I must admit that I was feeling a little blue yesterday and couldn't figure out why until I looked at the calendar.  She will always be with me in my heart, but she sent Truffle and Brulee to me.  If you'd like to read about Praline, you can visit her blog at Sweet Praline.  I go back occasionally and read her posts.  I was able to write her with a distinctive voice and give her a little Southern cattitude that fit her Persian frown and beauty.  I prefer to remember her with a smile now (even though the sadness does slip in once in a while).

19 comments:

  1. I went over and looked through the archives at some of Praline's posts, and she was beautiful both inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We remember Praline and she was a lovely and beautiful cat.
    It is hard to believe it has been 6 years.
    Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know Praline, but I just went back and looked at some of her posts. What a cat! She was a real beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We find comfort knowing Angel Cerise and Angel Praline are running around and playing with each other at The Bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, we can't believe it's been 6 years. We remember Sweet Praline and what a diva she was. Purrs to you as you remember her on this day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We will always remember Praline and her attitude! She was one special girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. she was a very special girl...and made an everlasting impact

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is hard to fathom that it's been 6 years, I remember Miss Praline like it was yesterday. I'm so glad you've found some peace, I'm still looking for that with Abby, it'll be 4 years for me this August.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet Praline was a one of a kind special sweetie and we miss her and we often think about her. She was one of my first pals. Yes, it really is hard to believe 6 years has past. Hugs from all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet Praline was a lovely Southern ladycat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I would have known Sweet Praline. She was such a beautiful girl. It is so bittersweet to look back on a kitty that has passed away. They represent so many beautiful things, it is just hard to let go. I'm glad that she was able to provide you with so much inspiration.
    -Purrs from your friends at www.PlayfulKitty.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never really understood the meaning of "love never ends" until Kitty died. In the next few years, I noticed how my love for Kitty and her love for me had transformed my life. Even though she was gone physically, she lived on in my new (and healthier way) of approaching life - as well as in my memory. That love also prepared me to be a better kitty mom to Bear Cat. Our kitties truly change us for the better - and in that way - they are never really gone.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praline was beautiful. We never forget those we love. XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. She was so gorgeous. Did she have tortitude in addition to the Persian cattitude?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She definitely had a combination of tortitude and Persian cattitude!

      Delete
  15. We will always love and miss your sweet Praline, Mom Paula. Purrs and hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of us here remember Sweet Praline very well. We are amazed it has been 6 years. Time passes so slowly in some ways but quickly in others.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We can't believe it's been that long. (((hugs)))

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete

It's so sweet of you to leave us a comment!