|Brulee says, "no more pills"|
It's been a long time since Mom Paula had to give Brulee a pill. In the past, it wasn't too difficult. When Brulee was sick back in September, she took some liquid medication. She did okay with it (Truffle did not). Mom Paula thought this would be easy, but didn't think about the "human" pill being bitter. Here are the attempts at pilling Brulee.
- Open mouth and insert pill. Mom Paula thought this worked, but as soon as Brulee got away, she spit out the pill on the bed. Score: Brulee = 1, Mom Paula = 0
- Put the pill in a pill pocket. Mom Paula broke the pill pocket into small pieces and fed them to Brulee as treats and the last piece was wrapped around the pill. Brulee ate all of the pill pocket and spit out the pill. Score: Brulee = 2, Mom Paula = 0
- Crush the pill and put it into the juice of chicken broth in Brulee favorite cat food. Brulee began licking the broth, but after the second lick, she stopped and looked at the bowl. She tried to lick one more time, but stopped and walked away. Score: Brulee = 3, Mom Paula = 0
- Crush the pill and put inside a favorite treat. Brulee smelled the treat and turned her head. Score: Brulee = 4, Mom Paula = 0
- Crush the pill, mix with tuna juice, and put into a syringe. Open Brulee's mouth and insert juice. Most of the liquid got down Brulee's throat with a little bit of foaming at the mouth. Mom Paula then squirted some water into Brulee's mouth. Mom Paula followed through with some freeze-dried chicken treats. Score - Brulee 4.5, Mom Paula = 0.5
And so, the saga of giving Brulee allergy medication continues...