Monday, January 2, 2017

Brulee's Stare

Welcome to 2017.  We want to continue to help those of you who visit us to leave us with a smile and good feelings about life in the South with two sweet Southern Persian ladycats.  There will be times this year that we'll share information about a serious topic, post reviews of cat products that interest us, and always photos of us in our environment.  Mom Paula is retiring early this year and she hopes to devote a little more time to the blog and helping us visit our friends.
Brulee's haunting stare

Remember when we told you about Brulee's newest habit of sitting in a small area beside Mom Paula's chair and staring at her.?  Mom Paula was able to capture a photo of Brulee doing this.  She doesn't say anything, but just sits and looks.  Sometimes Mom Paula can entice her out with treats or the laser toy, but sometimes, Brulee just sits.  This started back when Aunt Vicky was staying with us because of the evacuation due to the hurricane that hit SC.    The spooky thing is that Truffle will sometimes do the same thing.  We'll continue to investigate this mystery this year...

31 comments:

  1. I think it is cute... if maybe a little spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We purr 2017 will be a good year.
    Aunt Vicky stayed for a while then disappeared.
    Maybe Brulee is afraid you will too :/
    Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your eyes are so pretty though Brulee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We still think the stare is adorable. We get that all the time from Pia and it just makes Mom want to kiss that face more often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the stare is "Mom, you need to pay attention to me." No mystery there! catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most humans need careful watching most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one cute face, although I have to say she doesn't look too impressed with whatever has her attention!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, that face. My sister has cats that do this. I wonder what Brûlée is thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well they do hear noises and things that we can't!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm.....what's with the staring? Did you change something up or maybe Brûlée is just becoming more mesmerized by you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Max and Charlie often do this - I think they're seeing ghosts (or teeny tiny insects not visible to my eyes). MOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. That Stare !!!!!!!!!! LOL they know how to make us feel guilty by staring

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, goodness. I could not resist that face!!! Whenever my herd does that stare, I'm convinced they're trying to Jedi-mind-trick me into giving them more treats! :) To be honest, it usually works...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brulee, I do that ALL the time. You are very good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL. How could you resist those eyes! Whatever she wants is hers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So bizarre, I wonder if it has to do with the timing, your visitor, or if they are trying to tell you something more? Looking forward to updates!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow that is weird, I wonder what that's all about? It's great that you're retiring this year, wonderful!
    Love & biscuits,
    Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful cat. Do you think she's nervous at all? Is she a senior?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your pussycats are so pretty! I miss having mine so badly. Give them an extra hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very curious. Perhaps she is just admiring the view!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Brulee, that is one (p)awesome intense stare!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Brulee is a very beautiful girl! I love those eyes. My kitties like to sit and stare at me too. It can be spooky at times! I hope that all goes smoothly with your move into retirement. You are an amazing woman and I am very proud that you are my friend. Your accomplishments really inspire me.
    -Purrs from your friends at www.PlayfulKitty.net

    ReplyDelete
  23. Look forward to seeing how this story develops throughout 2017. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Brulee, I would have to give you whatever you wanted if you stared at me like that. I remember your mama feeding you chicken on her Facebook live video and you are just the sweetest little thing.

    ReplyDelete

It's so sweet of you to leave us a comment!