Friday, October 7, 2016

Where's Truffle?

Who doesn't love seeing photos of kittens?  We're trying to take it easy around here waiting to see what Hurricane Matthew is doing, although it's not too easy to do.  To help relax us, we went back in the files to five years ago this month to share a photo of Baby Truffle.  This photo is so cute because Truffle is hidden among the stuffed cats in the guest bedroom.  Can you find Truffle?
Where's Truffle?

Update on Hurricane Matthew (October 12, 2016):  Matthew didn't follow the original path predicted by the weather forecasters.  Instead, Matthew hit the coast of South Carolina very hard.  My friend, Vicky, lives on an island off of Beaufort, SC, and she had to evacuate and she stayed with me for several days.  We live about 2 hours from the coast, but communities within an hour of our house had devastating damage from floods, winds, and downed trees and powerlines.  While Vicky was staying with us last weekend, the girls were very skittish and we couldn't figure out why.  After the hurricane left South Carolina and the pressure changed on Sunday, the girls were back to their normal selves.  I knew dogs reacted to changes in weather and barometric pressure, but I never knew cats could feel it too.  There were several times we had to search for the girls because they were hiding and they were a little more clingy.  My friend's house survived and she's going home Wednesday, October 12, to check it out.  Please send good thoughts, prayers, and purrs for those who lost their homes and especially for the displaced animals.

29 comments:

  1. We see you pretty little baby Truffle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We found you, cute baby Truffle, but not at the first glance ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  3. We see her.
    That makes a great hiding spot for her ;) MOL!
    Purrs you will be safe!
    Purrs Georgia and Julie,
    Treasure and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a lot of friends, Truffle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is a cutie, I see her on top of the pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep she is on top of the pillow, adorable! Hoping you are all safe and sound! catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my, it actually took me a few seconds to find her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's beautiful! When I lived in Florida, hurricane season was such a worry, it was hard to relax. I hope it didn't affect you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, how adorable!! Is the hurricane close to you? I saw some footage on the news, I just cannot imagine going through something like that! We never suffer from hurricanes or earthquakes in Belgium!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! Nothing is better than a kitten!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too cute - glad you didn't get hit, but sorry to hear about the nearby damage.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm happy to hear that things went well for you ad you friend and you were so kind to make room for her at your house. It was such a scary thing to watch on the TV.
    I had to search your picture a few times before I could find Truffle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Truffle fits right in!
    I'm glad to hear that you are safe. I sure hope that Vicky's house and everything is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It took me a minute to find her! Glad to hear you are safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, I had to enlarge your photo & really look to find baby Truffle! It's so interesting how animals can sense weather changes like that.
    Love & biscuits,
    Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am glad sometimes the predictions get it wrong! Glad everyone is OK! AND we loved playing hide and seek!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am glad everything went fine your way during Hurricane Matthew. We were fine as well, but back in my hometown and surrounding areas here in NC they got hit pretty hard with a lot of flooding and power outages. Interesting to know that cats respond to weather changes that way. Everyone affected by Hurricane Matthew are definitely in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awee and LOL I really DID have to look for sweet Truffle! What a gorgeous kitty. I will have to look around on your blog to see how big baby Truffle is now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great camouflage Truffle you look just like an adorable stuffed animal!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope your friend's house is okay and everything gets back to normal for her as soon as possible. My mom always pays attention to her cat as she thinks she is a great predictor of the weather. I always enjoy your photos of Truffle (and Brulee.)

    ReplyDelete
  21. She is pretty well disguised in there! I'm glad you guys are safe.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Truffle fits right in and im so glad to know that you are safe and doing well

    ReplyDelete

It's so sweet of you to leave us a comment!