Sunday, September 18, 2016

Sunday Selfie

Brulee is doing much better this week compared to last week, so she wanted to participate on The Cat on My Head's Sunday Selfie Blog Hop.
Brulee's Sunday Selfie

Mom Paula:  I wanted to add a little update.  My little Brulee was a very sick kitty a week ago.  Both Truffle and Brulee went on the medication and Truffle had a reaction to it, so I took her off of it.  The vet said that if Brulee were better and still lethargic that I could take her off of it too because she'd been on it for 7 days.  I chose to take both of them off of the medication.

For about a week, they've both tended to stay away from me - like they didn't trust me.  Truffle finally came out of her shell a couple of days ago.  Sweet little Brulee wouldn't even jump on my bed in the mornings to get her daily treat because she thought I may grab her and give her medication.  Even this morning, I had to throw the treats towards her in the hallway to get her into the bedroom.  I admit, I was a little depressed about this.

To my happiness, this afternoon as I was waking up from my afternoon nap, Brulee jumped on the bed and snuggled up next to me.  Unfortunately, the phone rang and she jumped off.  When I sat up in the bed, Brulee jumped back up, climbed on my lap (which is rare), and we had some snuggling time for about 30 minutes.  I was able to clean her eyes and work on some mats that have formed over the past week.  I know many people probably go through this when their animals are sick, but it's been a long 10 days with my girls sick and avoiding me.

Thank you for all of your support in the blogging community.  It  means more than I can say!

33 comments:

  1. OMC! I think you are oh so beautiful!!! Great selfie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're glad you are feeling better pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased that a new Sunday has brought a healthier Brulee, and a marvelous selfie to us all. Have a great day. purrs ERin

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are happy that you are doing better now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are feeling better beautiful Brulee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're beautiful, Brulee! We are glad you're feeling better, sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're so glad you're feeling better ! Nice selfie ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you are feeling better again, Brulee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you're feelin' better. You're lookin' BEAUTIFUL, for sure. purrs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for feeling better Brulee!
    Great selfie too :)
    Purrs Georgia and Julie,
    Treasure and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to know the sweet lady is doing better. Good to see you Brulee!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a cute selfie, Brulee. We're glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad things are getting back to normal at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely selfie!

    Glad you're better, Brulee.

    Purrs xx
    Athena and Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look fabulous, Brulee and we're glad to hear that you are feeling better and trust your mommy again, without making the association of pills...well... :D Healing Pawkisses again to all of you :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's so sweet that Brulee snuggled with you. She just wanted some momma time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We love Brulee's tufts. We're so glad she's doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a super sweet selfie. Glad to hear things are coming around!

    ReplyDelete
  19. We are so happy she is feeling better, sending hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad they're feeling better. Mr. N actually gets super clingy when he's sick. It's one of the indications that he's not feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute selfie! I'm glad you're feeling better- don't scare your mama like that!

    ReplyDelete
  22. We're glad you're all feeling better. Our cats are the opposite, Charlie especially is super clingy and cuddly when he's sick.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Get well soon cats. Hang in there momma your babies are going to be just fine

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm glad everyone is starting to feel better. It's so heartbreaking when they don't feel well and keep their distance. Sending hugs to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm so happy that Brulee is better now & back to cuddling! I'd be sad too if my sweet furbabies were too sick to cuddle.
    Love & biscuits,
    Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm so glad to hear that Truffle and Brulee are feeling better. Medications are never fun for kitties. I hope that everything continues to get better from here on out. I love the selfie! Brulee is looking gorgeous. :)
    -Purrs from your friends at www.PlayfulKitty.net

    ReplyDelete
  27. So happy to hear they they are both doing better! I had a similar medication followed by distrust issue with Mauja. Makes me so sad when we're trying to help them but we make them worse :(

    ReplyDelete
  28. Seriously just spit out my granola bar laughing at your selfie! Way too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, that is scary x 2. It's horrible to worry about our furries.
    Btw, LOVE the hairdo in the selfie.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I know how that feels, when I had to give Cow eyedrops and pills for 7 days, she didn't want to be friends with me! If only they know what was good for them.

    ReplyDelete

It's so sweet of you to leave us a comment!