Friday, June 3, 2016

Wellness CORE Grain-Free Hearty Cuts - Chewy Review

We're a little late with our May monthly Chewy.com review but we have a great product to share with you.  Our selection this month was the Wellness Core Grain-free Hearty Cuts in Gravy 
Wellness Core Hearty Cuts in Gravy

We've been a fan of Wellness for quite a while.  We were excited to receive the Wellness Core Grain-free Hearty Cuts in Gravy Indoor formula canned cat food.  This indoor formula is a shredded chicken & turkey recipe that will indulge meat-loving felines.  This formula can be served as a complete meal or a tasty topper.
Truffle enjoying the Wellness Core Hearty Cuts in Gravy Indoor Formula


We thought this would be a food that both Truffle and Brulee would like because it was in gravy which would make it easier for Brulee to eat. We had read that the ingredients were shredded turkey and chicken and Brulee loves shredded meat in gravy canned food.  When Mom Paula opened the container, she was a little surprised to see large cuts of meat in the gravy.  We guess the shredded chicken and turkey is within the cuts.  The food comes in 5.5 ounce cans and there is a lot of food when you empty it on the plate.  We always split a small can between us and we don't always eat all of it.  If you have light eaters like us, you'll need to refrigerate part of the can.
Brulee licking all of the gravy

Both of us immediately began licking the gravy.  Truffle would bite into the chunks and eat it, but Brulee tended to eat around the chunks.  Every once in a while, her cute little tongue would pick up a morsel and she'd eat it.  She really loved the flavor of the food, but had some problems eating the larger morsels.  Truffle cleaned her plate.  Since Brulee liked the flavor, Mom Paula may trying mashing up the morsels for Brulee to see if she'll eat more of the meat.  We don't need to worry about Truffle.



The Wellness CORE Hearty Cuts comes in other tasty flavors of beef, venison and lamb, shredded chicken and turkey, and shredded whitefish and tuna.  The cans come in a case of 24 for $39.99 at Chewy.com.  Don't forget that you can get free 1-2 day shipping with orders of $49+ and there is a discount of 5% if you choose the autoship option.  We're also impressed with their customer service.




Disclosure:  As members of the Chewy.com Blogger Outreach Program, we received a case of Wellness CORE Hearty Cuts for free in exchange for our fair and honest review.  Chewy.com is not responsible for the contents of this post.  Sweet Purrfections only shares products and information we feel will be of interest to our readers.

26 comments:

  1. Weow! This food looks amazing - thanks for the review, we'll definitely be trying it. Isa & Betty eat Wellness grain free kibble and only yesterday I noticed these tins, which I hadn't seen before (here in Sydney, Australia). Next time I'm in the store I'll definitely be buying some - Isa in particular will love it... and be cheeky like Brulee testing the gravy first!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really looks yummy! Sadly, most Wellness foods contain carrageenan, which my human avoids for both herself and us kitties (she says this makes it really hard to buy toothpaste!). But if they ever decide to stop putting it in their food, my human will totally buy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't see carrageenan listed as an ingredient in this food. Maybe it's something you could try.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the review. Glad that Truffle liked it. Brulee sounds like our Olive... would prefer to eat around the chunks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh we may have to try and find that--there are so few places around here where you can get decent food but we will look. We liked *some* Wellness products.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Hope the Food will be favourite dish for my cats. I can't stress enough how much i appreciate this blog.thanks.Check Out My Online Store for more Cat Pendants, Jewellery, Toys, bed to Cat Lovers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind your comments on my blog, but please do not leave links to your store.

      Delete
  6. I don't have cats at this point of my pet "career" (my husband is allergic and even though I'd love an outdoor cat, I probably shouldn't since there are coyotes in our 'hood), but I'm grain free with my dogs and horse. Wellness was a brand my vet recommended for my previous Doberman who had a host of skin issues. In my book they have a great reputation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are huge Chewy fans, and pretty good Wellness fans too. The Lapdogs love their treats and canned food!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to try and find this food in our town. =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have to refrigerate canned food too. Mr. N can never finish a can in a sitting, even the tiny ones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. None of my cats are light eaters - they would scoff it all down. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We usually don't like foods with chucks, but that one sure looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks really tasty! Pierre is kind of like Brulee and seems to have trouble with chunks like that. We saw your comment above to Summer and hope it means that Wellness is phasing out use of carrageenan. Paws crossed for that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We loved it. Even Ellie who tends not to eat the chunky parts ate all of it!

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't have a cat but it amazes me how far cat food has come since I did have one :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks like super tasty food. It might make a good topper of the boys in the dog formula.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the idea of gravy as part of these canned meals as it's nice for cats that need some additional incentive and the moisture factor I bet is good for them as well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We like shredded cat food around here, too, but you are right those chunks look a little big. I'm sure our girls would love it, but Elsie might also need it to be mashed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never seen cat food with such big pieces of meat, I think cats would prefer bigger pieces to the tiny ground up stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brulee has a small mouth and she eats her food the stereotypical Persian way by picking up her food with her tongue.

      Delete
  19. Looks Delish! My dogs do the same thing, they lick up all the gravy first.
    Love & biscuits,
    Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks so delicious!!! Callie doesn't eat wet food but she sure would love to try this!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I bet my Sadie would love these. I feed my dogs Wellness Core already and we just did a review on it! Joey doesn't like wet food but Sadie most definitely does.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I carry the Core at my pet store, its one of my best sellers!!

    ReplyDelete

It's so sweet of you to leave us a comment!