Friday, May 20, 2016

Room for Three

We like to keep Mom Paula in suspense as to where we will sleep each night, but we do have a general routine, depending on the weather (and our moods).  When it's really cold outside, we cuddle close to her in the bed and she can barely move.  When the nights get warmer, we try to find a cooler place to sleep.  When we hear Mom Paula beginning to stir in the morning, we join her on the bed.
Brulee and Truffle watching Mom Paula get ready in the morning

Mom Paula:  It amazes me the routines Truffle and Brulee have worked out concerning their sleeping arrangements on my bed.  When we have the colder temperatures, Truffle will sleep on my left side touching my thigh all night.  Brulee will sleep on my right side, but on her Peggy Blankie.  You should see me trying to crawl out of the bed in the middle of the night when nature calls and I'm trying my best not to disturb the girls sleeping.
Brulee resting on her pink Peggy Blankie

When the temperatures get warmer, the girls seek out cooler places to sleep.  Truffle likes to sleep under my bed because there is an AC vent near the floor at the head of the bed and it's really cool under there.  Brulee will either sleep in the guest room on the bed underneath the ceiling fan or in the hallway outside the bathroom because the AC vent blows air from underneath the sink and it goes right into the hallway.
Truffle sleeping next to my leg

Truffle and Brulee are unusual for cats because they don't wake me up in the morning.  I've never fed them first thing in the morning, so that may be the reason.  However, I do keep a treat bag in the nightstand and once I wake up, I open the drawer and both come running.  If I stay in the bed a little longer, both will settle next to me, but on opposite sides.  I love these special moments in the morning when there is room for three in the queen-sized bed.

Where do your cats (or dogs) sleep at night?  Do you have any special rituals?

19 comments:

  1. Sometimes I sleep on da bed, sometimes in da chair or my own little bed. Just depends on what I feels like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah always comes to bed with me at some point during the night but Lucy never does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't wake up the humans here either in the morning. Neither of them will get out of bed to feed us, and Binga and Boodie know this. I learned from them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not allowed to sleep on the bed, yet. You two are lucky. Perhaps you do not claw your human in the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Laila can't be on the bed the same time as Minchie. He is very territorial of me and chases her away. It's so sad to see her at the door looking in. In the evenings Laila loves to hang out on the bed so I go in and we have our special time together. Sometimes when I go in there, she'll run in and jump on the bed waiting for me to join her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sweetness!!! How cool to wake up to those faces!!!

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  7. They have every sleeping moment covered, don't they?!? Whether it is warm or cool, you know where they are and when they will be snuggled up against you. Ma and I always have our cuddles first thing in the morning too. After that, I do not allow cuddles for the remainder of the day. BOL MOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute! My kitties sleep in the bed about half the time, and usually it's right in between my legs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We definitely don't sleep as close to the woman when it's warm out. Sometimes when it's cooler we will all three cuddle some place with her, with me near her chest and Gemini down near her feet and then Ichiro on the other side of her legs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boo has decided since Abby died that the master bedroom is hers. So she is very unhappy if Annabelle tries to stay inside with us. 99% of the time Boo sleeps right next to me all night long.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute. I used to sleep with my cats, but they did wake me up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mr. N likes to sleep on the bed unless it's very hot. He will steal pillows as soon as anyone gets up and will sleep for a few more hours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that top photo is completely precious. Just adorable! catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's so sweet. Mudpie typically sleeps in my bedroom, not on the bed, but in one of her two cat beds in there. Some nights she decides to stay in a chair in the living room but she usually comes into bed at some point during the night.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What sweet faces to wake up to. We do end up with more cats in bed on colder days.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We're the same way. When the temps are cooler, like winter time, we sleep on the bed with the mom and dad. But when it gets warmer...like now...we rarely sleep on the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awwww Layla starts on the bed then moves to her bed or box or under the bed and then wakes me up at about 5 each morning to get under the covers with me for cuddles :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I feel crazy writing this but all three dogs sleep with us - we also have a chair that sometimes Bruiser sleeps on!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That Peggy Blankie looks super cozy! Yes, we have some crazy sleeping routines too. We can predict who will be where each night.

    ReplyDelete

It's so sweet of you to leave us a comment!