Thursday, April 16, 2015

Thankful Thursday

Brulee is thankful for a refreshing drink of water from her fancy cat fountain.

Update:  Brulee needs to go to the vet at 9:30.  She hasn't been feeling well.  We'll post an update when we get back.  Special purrs please.  This is the first time she's been sick.

Update 11:40 am:  Mom Paula - We're home from the vet.  After a $600 vet bill, I still don't know what's wrong.  Brulee had no fever and the vet didn't feel any blockages, but she was concerned that she'd thrown up so many times recently when she doesn't usually do it.  Brulee was a little dehydrated, so she received some SubQ fluids.  The vet also did some blood work and took x-rays.  She was given medication for nausea and two cans of food for her tummy.  I won't hear the results of the tests until this afternoon.  I'm so nervous.  Please purr that this isn't anything serious.

18 comments:

  1. We hope Brulee is feeling better soon.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sending Brulee lots of purrs - I hope she is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great drink. We hope she feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fountain sure does look inviting! Purrs for Brulee today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a mighty neat fountain.

    Purrs Georgia and Julie,
    Treasure and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are purring hard since the Woman told us she was feeling poorly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We send tons of purrs to Brulee ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Weez purrayin' dat all is well. Luv dat fountain.

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Lexi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers for Brulee that she is feeling better and the vet gives her a clean bill of health. I have a fountain for my 4 cats and 2 of them really like drinking only problem is one of the cats plays in the water when I put it out. Within minutes most of the water that is in the fountain is on the floor. I even tried putting it up on the counter hoping she wouldn't notice it up there but she did. She takes her paw and slashes the water out. So I can't put it out for the other 3 cats that will actually drink from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny! Truffle likes to drink from the flow and Brulee likes to drink from the well. Once I moved one of the fountains to the table, instead of near their food, I've noticed them drinking more water.

      Delete
  10. I saw your Facebook update- I am glad her tests were good. I pray she feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is one fancy fountain!

    We heard that you checked out okay, Brulee. That's great! But if you have an upset tummy, we hope it feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Prayer and purrs heading your way. Hopefully it's just a day or so upset tummy and you start to feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We were very happy to hear that she's ok. Hammy still wants to come over to comfort her tho.

    ReplyDelete

It's so sweet of you to leave us a comment!