I need to go out of sequence for today's post because Beignet had to have surgery yesterday. He developed a lump after his first vaccination and it was growing, so the vet recommended its removal immediately. The lump was about 3 cm in diameter and it was near the surface of the skin. The vet feels everything is going to be okay, but Terri insisted it be sent off for testing. If everything comes back negative and additional vet consults reveal he will be okay, Truffle and Beignet's arrival may be delayed for 7-10 days until after we see how he reacts to the second vaccination. This was really scary for me today because it's so close in time to losing Praline to cancer. I'm praying that he will be fine and that I'll still be able to bring him home to live with me and his sister, Truffle.
Terri sent this video tonight to show me that he was doing fine and eating well. Please keep Beignet and me in your purrs and prayers. I'm a wreck!