Friday, August 26, 2011

Floofy Friday - Week 8

Even though Beignet is at the Bridge with Sweet Praline, I still wanted to honor his memory by sharing the pictures I received of him up until the time he left us.  I just feel I owe it to him.

By week 8, you could really start telling the difference between Truffle and Beignet.  Truffle always looks like she has "bed head" and she was always talking to me in at least one of her pictures.  She didn't fail me this week, either.


Angel Beignet was turning into quite the handsome mancat-in-training!  His little nose was turning from black to pink/red (which is standard for the Silver Shaded Persians).  Wasn't he such a cutie in this picture?  I've added a tab at the top of the blog for Angel Beignet.  I'll post pictures and remembrances of him like I did Praline and he'll always be part of the blog.


For those of you asking about Truffle, she is doing great!  Mom Terri wrote me and said Truffle is handling her little brother being gone like a trooper.  In fact, Truffle is doing everything she can to comfort Mom Terri.  I'll share a little story Mom Terri shared with me about Truffle on Wednesday night:

"Truffle was really cute last night. I decided to email everyone back individually . . .So yes, I was on the computer for a while.  When I finally got up and went to the living room, Truffle followed me everywhere!  A constant presence under my feet :)  I was racing around, cleaning water dishes, filling food dishes, scooping boxes, etc.  Finally, after she followed me everywhere, I sat down on the floor and she climbed right up my chest, stuck her sweet little nose into my lips and kissed me.  It was then that I realized that she was trying to comfort me.  Sweet little angel she is.  She just sat on my lap and I talked with her.  I told her, while crying more, how sorry I was that I lost her brother and how if I could go back and change things I would do it in a heartbeat.  She just sat, and listened, cocked her head from side to side, just listening to me sob.  She truly seemed to understand what I was saying to her and when I finally stopped yakking, she just curled up on my lap and laid there.  Like she knew she could not change things, but she could lie there and comfort me the best way she knew how.  This Truffle is going to be an amazing cat, Paula.  She is one who makes connections and understands feelings and that is priceless."

It sounds like little Truffle is wise beyond her years and she is going to be a purrfect fit for me.  She is scheduled for her second vaccination on Monday.  Let's keep those paws crossed and strong purrs going that everything goes well.  She's tentatively scheduled to come home with me on September 4.

Here's a short little video of Truffle playing last night.  She's doing great!

22 comments:

  1. What a sweetheart. You two need each other. Can't wait fur that Sept. 4 date! Be sure to haf another purrson around to take the pics of you two on that day! Purrs still being sent your, Truffle, and Terri's ways. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. She turning out to be quite the little floofball even at that age!

    She still makes me smile when I see her :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truffle is such a special girl, and she has two guardian angels looking out for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, what a sweetheart. We are purring and purring for everything to be smooth sailing from here on out. We are excited to see the first pictures of little Truffle in her new digs in early September! Nosetaps all around, to Terri and her brood as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paula, you have an exceptional kitty, I am so impressed with her. It is going to be so much fun to watch her grow up into a Lady Cat.
    I am glad to hear Beignet will be a permanent part of this blog, I knew you'd do that, it is a wonderful tribute to the sweet little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely sweet girl - she is going to be a delightful companion and looks as though she is going to be so much fun and keep you smiling. We are so pleased Beignet will continue to be part of your blog.
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing little kitty Truffle already is! I will be purring for everything to go as planned so that she comes home right on schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truffle sure sounds like a very special kitty. And I really believe that she was trying to comfort Terri. I have a cat here that does that to me when I have had a bad day or something going on. It is amazing how animals know what you are feeling. You two are going to be so good together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're glad that Truffle is handling things so well! We'll keep oour paws crossed that her next shots go OK. Mama says she wants to kiss those tiny little toes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "The Boys" and I are loving those photos of your "little bed head" lady Truffle, and your handsome mancat angel, Beignet.

    Truffle is definitely a charmer; what a sweet little kitty to take care of Terri.

    Now that video is a treasure.

    Crossing paws and saying prayers for smooth sailing from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truffle is an amazing little girl ! I do believe she was comforting Terri. My cat, Twinkle who passed at age 16 was a comforting cat. Anytime I was sad or sick she was right there patting me with her paw. Oh, the love and comfort you are going to get from that beautiful little girl !

    Eva & Gracie's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love bed heads! She is the purrfect little girl for you, Mom Paula! We are so happy you are continuing to post pictures of Angel Beignet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Truffle will be a wonderful companion for you, absolutely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. She sounds like she is purrfect for you indeed! And I am glad that she is there. I think I know where I am now thanks to Laila and Minchie and I will be there to purr on you and Cory and those kitties are coming with me so we should be at your door in a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  15. what darling pictures--so very sweet. we is purrin' drefful hard that all goes well an' baby truffle comes home at last!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Truffle is a very sweet and sensitive girlcat! You're going to have so much fun with your new little floofball!!

    The Florida Furkids and Angel Sniffie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Truffle sounds so sweet.

    We saw a lovely graphic tribute to Beignet on Alasandra's blog.

    http://alasandra2003.blogspot.com/2011/08/beignet.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Truffle is such a sweetie, purrs and hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good wishes that all go well with Truffles on Monday with her shot.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beignet will be SO missed. But Truffle is looking so cute. Purrs to all...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Paula, we are so sorry for your loss of Praline and Beignet. But we just know that dear little Truffle is going to take good care of you and help you heal. She's such a sweet delight, that one! Can't wait to see her come home to you next week!

    ~Slash, Bronzy and Mommy 5-Cat Style

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can't wait till Truffle gets to come home with you. I love the way you are remembering Beignet.

    ReplyDelete

It's so sweet of you to leave us a comment!