Update 2: Jasmine is home with Terri. She has to be kept away from any of the other cats for 2 weeks. Terri does visit this blog and she reads your comments, so please leave any special messages for Terri and Jasmine in the comment section.
Update: I won't be able to visit the kittens today. Jasmine, one of the Queens (females) was rushed to Emergency Care this morning and she lost her baby (there was only one). Jasmine also suffered a lot of trauma and is waiting to see a specialist surgeon today and we don't know how things will turn out for her. Please keep Terri (the breeder) and Jasmine in your purrs that Jasmine will be okay. Jasmine is who is important right now.
If everything goes as planned, I am scheduled to visit the kittens today. The only thing that may keep me from seeing them is if one of the Queens (female cat) goes into labor. She is due any day and it's her first litter, so I wouldn't be able to visit if she decides it's time today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she can hold off long enough for me to get there this morning.
In the meantime, here is the most recent photo shoot pictures of the kittens. The collage won't let me set up equally sized pictures because there is an odd number of kittens. If you would like to see each kitten, you can go to Terri's website.
Here is a description of each of the kittens that Terri sent to us two weeks ago.
- Kitten #1 - Chloe's little girl. She has a whiter face and top of the head so she is easy to distinguish from her brother.
- Kitten #2 - Chloe's little boy. Darker splotch on the top of his head. When looking down on the two of them, this is how I quickly determine who is who.
- Kitten #3 - Zoey's lightest little girl. She has a completely white face and head and has since birth. She is very easy to spot quickly.
- Kitten #4 - Zoey's other little girl. She has a touch of silver on her head. She is also largest in her litter, not by much, but sets her apart.
- Kitten #5 - Zoey's baby boy. Only kitten in Zoey's litter with a black nose. He is the smallest of the litter and also the darkest.
I may not know exactly which kittens will be mine until the end of the week. You see, I have 1st and 3rd choice of the kittens. When I first decided to get one of Terri's kittens, I was only going to get one. I decided a week later that I wanted two from her, but someone else got there before me. So, you may not know the "choice" until later this week.